Friday, December 30, 2011

Cool Shade by Theresa Weir 2/5 Stars



From Amazon.com

This well-loved classic won the RITA for romantic suspense.

Jobless, flat broke and itching for some new scenery, disc jockey Maddie Smith figures a trip to Nebraska to see what's going on with her flaky, estranged sister is as good a plan as any. It seems that after a brief encounter with sexy reclusive Eddie Berlin, baby sister vanished without a trace.


My thoughts

I did not enjoy reading Cool Shade. In all fairness to the author Theresa Weir, I am not a romance novel lover. I enjoy suspense, but Cool Shade had too much romance and too much explicit sex for my taste. I'm not a prude, but for me, when the sex is that explicit, it looses a lot of its appeal.

Cool Shade won the RITA award for romantic suspense for a reason. The writing was good, the characters complex. I did have a couple of problems with the story line however. I don't want to write a spoiler, so I won't go into detail, but I felt there were a couple of incidences that were totally unbelievable and out of character.

While I didn’t enjoy Cool Shade, I am sure there are plenty of romance lovers out there that will enjoy this novel very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment