Monday, December 19, 2011

44 Book 2 by Jools Sinclair - 3/5 Star Review


Amazon.com Description


When she was 17, Abby Craig died. But after falling through the ice on a frozen mountain lake and having no vital signs for 44 minutes, she somehow came back to life.
It’s taken two years to recover from her accident. And while most of what she lost at the bottom of that dark lake has returned, some things haven’t.
Although she is no longer haunted by visions of a serial killer, Abby still sees what others can’t. But she is blind to the darkness closing in all around her…

My thoughts

I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series, 44, so I was very much looking forward to reading 44 Book 2. I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed. The characters were still great and the writing just as good as in the first one, but unfortunately book 2 did not resolve anything. I understand a series is supposed to leave you wanting more, but to not resolve anything at all makes me feel ripped off. For writing and characterization, I would give 44 Book 2 a 4 star review, but because it left me so empty at the end, I can only give it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment