Monday, April 23, 2012

Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke 4/5 Stars

From Amazon:

December 21, 2012 Will that fateful day destroy our world, or did the Mayans have something else in mind? Maya Delaney knows. Unfortunately. Maya Delaney is just an average sixteen-year-old. She's busy dealing with exams, her soon to be ex-boyfriend and fitting in. But Maya's got bigger problems. She's hiding a major secret from her dad and having strange visions she can't control. In her struggle to figure out who she is, she learns that she is meant to fulfill an ancient Mayan Prophesy and bring forth a New Age on earth. Will the spirit magic Maya wields be enough to defeat Toltec, an evil society bent on keeping her from her destiny? Or will that destiny itself destroy her?

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed reading Jaguar Sun. In a time of world ending prophesies, Jaguar Sun offers a ray of hope for the world, a new beginning. Maybe. I loved the protagonist Maya and her boyfriend Matt. If I were a wee bit younger, I'd love to steal Matt for myself! Both characters were well defined and the twins really added warmth and humor. Add a really bad ass antagonist to the mix and you get a very entertaining novel. I look forward to reading Jaguar Moon.






No comments:

Post a Comment